With the party raging on, we didn’t dare want to slow down the momentum. So when our wedding planner told us it was time to cut the cake (or cupcake I should say), we told her to let the DJ know to keep the party going, and that we’d just pull the photographers aside so they can take photos of us doing the honors. If any of the guests happened to be watching, great, but we weren’t going to stop the music for this.
All photos by Sarelle Photos (unless otherwise noted).
|Feeding each other cupcakes|
Our cupcake tower was from the fabulous cupcake shop Les Glaceurs in Old Montreal. We discovered the shop on our very first trip to Montreal over three years ago and become obsessed, so we pretty much booked them in the beginning stages of our wedding planning.
After we got our cake photos, the DJ announced that the cupcakes were now ready to be (self)served, and people came in droves to enjoy the delicious treats!
|There were 7 cupcake flavors including S’mores cupcakes–doesn’t get better than that! / Personal photo|
A few minutes later, we snuck off with the photogs for some final couples’ pictures of the night.
I haven’t mentioned this before but I must say, the staff at the Hotel Nelligan were truly excellent. They took care of everything we needed and were the friendliest, most accommodating people I’ve ever worked with. Since the rain finally let up, we asked permission to go to the rooftop to take some nighttime shots and the hotel was more than willing to unlock the doors and let us go up for a few minutes.
One of the staff overheard me talking about how cold it probably was outside and out of nowhere, he brings me a towel to help keep me warm in between shots. I’m telling you, these people went above and beyond our expectations.
From the hotel rooftop, you can see the Notre Dame cathedral lit up in the background. Even though we were freezing, it made for a beautiful photo op.
Next up, all good
parties things must come to an end.
Missed a recap? Catch up here;
- People get silly in the photo booth.
- Guests drop it like it’s hot on the dance floor.
- Dinner, speeches and partying ensue.
- The anniversary dance and celebrating the grandparents’ 65 years of marriage!
- Mr. M and I share a moment and I cut a rug with my dad.
- We enter the reception to some bad-ass tunes.
- Our record album guestbooks wow the guests.
- Peacock theme done right.
- Officially husband and wife!
- We write vows that make everyone cry.
- Our officiant and readers say some lovely words during the ceremony.
- We walk down the aisle to beautiful music.
- Despite the rain, we get creative with bridal party shots.
- We have a fun first look session.
- We get all bridal-y and groom-y.
- I put on the most beautiful dress I’ll ever wear.
- The guys do guy-like things and get dressed.
- We jam out to seriously awesome tunes and get very pretty.
- The girls get gifts as we prep to get primped.
- How I became the most relaxed bride ever.
- With a potential crisis thankfully averted, I reveal my welcome dinner surprise to Mr. M.
- A scary and dramatic start to the welcome dinner.
- Feelin’ hella good with hella expensive champagne.
- Practice, practice, practice!