With the party raging on well past midnight, it was time for a little surprise for our guests who were still left standing. We alluded to a “midnight surprise” on the menus, so now it was time to bring out the carbs!
|Mini-poutine at midnight / Photo by Sarelle Photos|
We treated our guests to mini-poutine, mini-smoked meat sandwiches and sliders. It was just what the remaining partiers needed to refuel for a few more hours of dancing. Right about this point was when our amazing photographers, Chris and Samara of Sarelle Photos wrapped up the pro photos. They had been with us for over 14 hours that day, and by then most people would start looking like hot messes in the bright camera lights so it was best for them to call it a night.
Luckily, we still had some friends who were using our Wedding Party App, and were able to capture the remaining shots of the night.
All photos personal.
|Looks like some kind of line dance here–maybe “Cupid Shuffle”?|
|More dancing well past 1am|
|Mr. M and I leading another line dance|
And then I remember that DJ Yo-C announced that it was finally time for the last dance. He surprised us by playing our first dance song, “Turn Into” by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, again. Mr. M and I found each other on the dance floor for one last slow dance.
|One last dance|
And then this is a moment I’ll never forget–the last remaining guests came up to dance with us. All of a sudden, a love circle was formed…and I couldn’t imagine a better way to end the night. There was nothing like being surrounded by these friends and family (with glow necklaces on their heads mind you) for one last dance.
|All you need is love|
And with that, our fabulous wedding day was over. Mr. M and I headed into the elevator to go up to the penthouse, and I FINALLY took of my beautiful four inch Kate Spades. How I managed to wear them the entire night, I’ll never know.
|We partied HARD|
Next up, reliving our wedding memories through video, courtesy of WeddingMix!
Missed a recap? Catch up here;
- Cutting cake and sneaking off to the hotel roof.
- People get silly and naughty in the photo booth.
- Guests drop it like it’s hot on the dance floor.
- Dinner, speeches and partying ensue.
- The anniversary dance and celebrating the grandparents’ 65 years of marriage!
- Mr. M and I share a moment and I cut a rug with my dad.
- We enter the reception to some bad-ass tunes.
- Our record album guestbooks wow the guests.
- Peacock theme done right.
- Officially husband and wife!
- We write vows that make everyone cry.
- Our officiant and readers say some lovely words during the ceremony.
- We walk down the aisle to beautiful music.
- Despite the rain, we get creative with bridal party shots.
- We have a fun first look session.
- We get all bridal-y and groom-y.
- I put on the most beautiful dress I’ll ever wear.
- The guys do guy-like things and get dressed.
- We jam out to seriously awesome tunes and get very pretty.
- The girls get gifts as we prep to get primped.
- How I became the most relaxed bride ever.
- With a potential crisis thankfully averted, I reveal my welcome dinner surprise to Mr. M.
- A scary and dramatic start to the welcome dinner.
- Feelin’ hella good with hella expensive champagne.
- Practice, practice, practice!