After our father/daughter dance, it was time for Mr. M to share a dance with his mother. It was really sweet because she had actually chosen the song they danced to, as it reminded her of when he was a little boy. As the DJ announced them, the sweet sounds of Van Morrison’s “These Are the Days” started playing.
All photos by Sarelle Photos.
|Mr. M did a smooth spin move with his mother|
After they were done, the DJ announced for all married couples to join us on the dance floor for a “special” dance (aka the Anniversary Dance). I’m sure most, if not all of you know what that dance is–it’s when all married couples are called up to dance and are “eliminated” based on the number of years (or in our case, hours) they’ve been married. The longest married couple then becomes the last couple on the dance floor and share a special dance.
Inspired by Mrs. Toadstool’s wedding trailer, we chose “I Won’t Give Up” by Jason Mraz for this dance.
|The married couples joining us for a dance|
Since Mr. M’s grandparents had been married for sixty-five years (that’s right–SIXTY FIVE YEARS. WOW!!) we decided that this would be the most fun and special way to honor them.
|Our parents sharing a dance–both sets have been married for over 35 years|
As the number of couples on the dance floor dwindled down to one, it was so cute to see the grandparents’ reaction (and realization) as to what was really going on when the DJ announced for everyone to give a round of applause to the longest married couple in the room.
|LOVE their faces here!|
|Pretty much the most adorable couple ever|
Everyone in the room was so excited for them, that even my dad and uncles just had to go up and personally congratulate them.
Mr. M’s grandpa is a huge Frank Sinatra fan, so we couldn’t think of a more perfect song for them to dance to than “The Way You Look Tonight”. We made sure to only play about a minute of the song since they had already been on their feet for the previous 20 minutes or so. Afterwards, we came up to them to show our love.
|Absolutely adorable shot of Mr. M and his grandma|
With all the special dances officially over, it was finally time for dinner, speeches, but most importantly…for the party to begin!
Missed a recap? Catch up here;
- Mr. M and I share a moment and I cut a rug with my dad.
- We enter the reception to some bad-ass tunes.
- Our record album guestbooks wow the guests.
- Peacock theme done right.
- Officially husband and wife!
- We write vows that make everyone cry.
- Our officiant and readers say some lovely words during the ceremony.
- We walk down the aisle to beautiful music.
- Despite the rain, we get creative with bridal party shots.
- We have a fun first look session.
- We get all bridal-y and groom-y.
- I put on the most beautiful dress I’ll ever wear.
- The guys do guy-like things and get dressed.
- We jam out to seriously awesome tunes and get very pretty.
- The girls get gifts as we prep to get primped.
- How I became the most relaxed bride ever.
- With a potential crisis thankfully averted, I reveal my welcome dinner surprise to Mr. M.
- A scary and dramatic start to the welcome dinner.
- Feelin’ hella good with hella expensive champagne.
- Practice, practice, practice!